The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• Comprehensive guide to Britains model and toy tractors produced since 1998
• Includes all model tractors released in Europe and North America
• Precise text describing how the model range developed
• Details of unique and rare models
• Valuable aid for collectors to identify different models
• Tables list the common parts used on the models
• Colour photographs and main features of each variant described individually
• Issue dates, codes and packing for individual models and variations
• Over 1200 high quality colour photographs
• Three different indexes allow quick access to the book
Britains has a long, distinctive history producing farm model tractors for collectors, young and old, around the world. This book is the first comprehensive, fully illustrated guide for collectors of the model and toy tractors produced by Britains in the ten years since it transferred all production to China.
The book describes all the model tractors released in North America and Europe since 1998. As well as general releases it includes details and photographs of prototype and rare models. This is complemented by a catalogue describing the main features, differences, issue dates and codes of each model produced. Each is illustrated with six colour photographs showing the model from different angles and the issue packaging.
Many farmers developed their early knowledge using model or toy farm tractors, and collecting these models has become popular worldwide with all ages. Britains has been a leading farm model manufacturer since 1921, releasing its first 1:32nd model tractor in 1948.
In this book, David Pullen looks at the model tractors Britains produced between 1998 and 2008, after production moved from the UK to China and the company became a RC2 brand. The fully illustrated book with over 1200 colour photographs provides a comprehensive guide to European and North American releases, including limited and special editions. It details over 200 models of tractors from leading manufacturers such as Case IH, Ford, International, JCB, John Deere, Massey Ferguson, New Holland, Steiger and Valtra Valmet.
David has written many articles on farm model collecting and is also author of two other books: Britains Model Tractors 1949-1998 and Britains Balers & Combines 1967-2007.
"Each model is given two pages of detailed coverage, including half a dozen colour pictures. An amazingly detailed coverage, all that any tractor collector, or Britains collector, could wish for. Highly recommended." – Model Auto Review
Models covered: All model tractors released in Europe and North America since 1998