• A concise history of the TWR racing team
• How TWR Jaguar won the Le Mans 24 Hours in 1988 and 1990
• How TWR Jaguar won the World Manufacturers Championship, for drivers in 1987, 1988 and 1991
• How TWR Jaguar won the Daytona 24 Hour Race in both 1988 and 1990
• A description of the development of the Group C TWR Jaguars from 1983 to 1992
• How TWR Jaguar won the World Manufacturers Championship for manufacturers three times
The concise history of Tom Walkinshaw’s TWR racing team, the development of TWR Jaguars, and their victories at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the Daytona 24 hour race, and the World Manufacturers’ Championship.
The concise history of the TWR racing team and the compelling story of how TWR Jaguars won the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Tom Walkinshaw was a successful racing driver who parlayed his knowledge of top level race preparation and driving into a career as a team boss. He first of all steered BMW racecars to success, then Rover and Mazda. He then lured Jaguar, recently privatised again from the clutches of BLMC, into the realm of World Class Endurance racing, resulting in wins at the Le Mans 24 Hour race, the Daytona 24 Hour race and scooping the World Manufacturers’ Championship prize.
Period Covered: 1983-1992
Models Covered: XJR-5 1982, XJR-6 1985, XJR-7 1985, XJR-8 1987, XJR-9 1988, XJR-10 1989, XJR-11-1989, XJR-12 1990, XJR-14 1991 XJR-16: 1991. XJR-17 1992
The TWR team took Jaguar back from near-obscurity to showing the world just how good they were, particularly where world class endurance racing was concerned.
It describes the complete design, development and racing history of the TWR Jaguars.
A complete database of the TWR Jaguars, including all their races and results.