• THE essential guide to finding, buying and owning the Mercedes-Benz W116
• Covers all second generation models from 1972 to 1980
• An easy-to-use evaluation guide will help you find the right car for you
• Key facts and figures
• A guide to running costs, spare parts and value
• Notes on restoration
• Advice on buying at auctions, and getting the correct paperwork
• Details of clubs, specialists and suppliers
Having this book in your pocket is just like having a real marque expert by your side. Benefit from the author’s years of Mercedes-Benz ownership, learn how to spot a bad car quickly, and how to assess a promising car like a professional. Get the right car at the right price!
An introduction to owning, driving and maintaining a Mercedes-Benz Second Generation S-Class (W116), and a step-by-step guide to evaluating one for purchase. This book includes colour photos of what to look for and what to avoid, plus a realistic assessment of running and restoration costs, and market values. This includes servicing costs, spare parts prices, and the relative values of the various models, specifications and vehicle conditions you are likely to encounter.
Written in an easy to follow, jargon-free style, this book will equip you with all you need to know to buy the Mercedes W116 of your dreams.
Period Covered: 1972-1980
Models Covered: Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Second Generation, W116