• A personal account of a life racing classic motorcycles
• The thrills of racing on some of the best classic motorcycles in the world
• Follow the author’s journey from sixties rocker to racing sponsor
• An in-depth account of the well-known characters on the scene
• Includes all aspects of racing, both human and mechanical
• Features many famous circuits across Europe and the UK
• An honest look at the financial sacrifices necessary to compete at this level
• Demonstrates the dedication of the author to race preparation, and his attention to every detail
• Highlights both the successes and the dangers associated with motorcycle racing
• An easy to read autobiography that will appeal to anyone with an interest in motorcycle racing
The life of a classic motorcycle racer, who was fortunate enough to ride the best classic machines of the time at the highest level, and on some of the best-known courses in the world. Told in his own words, this book recounts his successes, friendships, and hardships, and gives a great insight into the world of motorcycle racing.
The story of a classic motorcycle racer who was fortunate enough to be able to ride many of the best machines from the period, at the highest level, and on many of the most famous road racing courses in the world. There are tales of success, friendships, and the loss of racing pals. Machine preparation and mechanical failures feature heavily, and the story recounts the author's frustrations and joys. Andy Reynolds maintained and built many of the bikes he raced, and ultimately retired from riding to become both a machine scrutineer and a sponsor. All aspects of motorcycle racing are covered in the author's easy-to-read and entertaining narrative, and it is a fascinating read for any motorcycle enthusiast. Come into the world of Classic Racing Motorcycles – but bring your cheque book and medical insurance!
Period Covered: 1964-2018
Models Covered: Aermacchi Ala D'Oro, Velocette KTT and MSS, Seeley Matchless G50, Seeley AJS 7R, Petty Norton, Manx Norton, TAB Honda K4, Paton BIC 500, Honda VFR 400, Yamaha FZR400, Kawasaki ZXR400, BMW RS 54, Norton-Jap V Twin 500.
Racing classic motorcycles is a passion; it's addictive, very expensive, and can be deadly. Read the book and share the experience.
A candid autobiography from the world of racing classic motorcycles, told by a rider/owner and sponsor.
Contains many personal photographs, never published before, and true stories from motorcycle racing circuits around Europe.