• Colour coded official Porsche Illustrations, made relevant to specific projects
• High quality colour images, covering every project undertaken
• A wide variety of projects undertaken – both cosmetic and mechanical
• An analysis of parts, tools and costs for every project
• Tips and unique insights
• Explanations of the reasons for undertaking different projects
• Intuitive ordering of projects, demonstrating how the car was restored
• Relevant to both the novice and professional mechanic
• Restoration of a special car that originally belonged to Sir Cliff Richard
A fully illustrated record of the restoration of a classic Porsche 911, which was originally purchased by a world-famous celebrity. Illustrations provided by Porsche bring this journey to life, along with amazing photographs and personal experience from a life-long Porsche aficionado.
Have you longed to restore a classic Porsche 911, but were either overwhelmed by the scale of the task, or simply unsure of what was involved? This unique publication brings that experience to life, covering every detail of the loving restoration of a very special 1983 Porsche 911 SC Targa Sport. The car was originally a special order model for Sir Cliff Richard.
With the assistance of official Porsche illustrations and Porsche part numbers, the reader is led through the painstaking record of this journey by an enthusiast with an eye for detail and a determination to bring this car back to its former glory. High-quality images and drawings add a further unique perspective to each of the projects undertaken, showing that restoration of these sought-after cars is completely possible for a dedicated enthusiast.
Andrew Clusker has a wide experience in various generations of air-cooled Porsche 911, and recently had a car showcased at Porsche 70th birthday celebrations.
Period Covered: 1982-1983
Models Covered: Porsche 911 SC Targa Sport 1983 model year
An insider’s guide to the restoration of the air-cooled Porsche 911: demonstrating where problems can arise and how to overcome them.
Follows the restoration of Sir Cliff Richard’s special-order 911, lovingly restored by an experienced and knowledgeable air-cooled enthusiast.
Porsche illustrations authorized for use at their discretion. Explanatory drawings. Detailed images. Historical information as it relates to particular tasks.