• World's first stand-alone book on the Road-homologated KTM X-BOW cars
• All about the world's first production car with a full carbon composite monococque
• Book has been produced with full factory cooperation of KTM, Kiska and Dallara
• In-depth coverage of KTM, Kiska Design Studio, and Dallara Research and Development
• Historical review of road-racers
• Written by an owner, and detailing the experience of living with and maintaining this unusual car
• Expert opinions chapter with input from CEO of KTM Sportscars, Kiska Chief Designer, and an aerodynamicist from Dallara.
• Contributions from mechanics who have worked on the car, after market tuners, and racing drivers (amateur and professional) who have participated in the KTM X-BOW Battle race series.
• Build process of the X-BOW described in detail -- with accompanying photographs
The KTM X-BOW has the power to induce automotive lust. It seduces with its dramatic and brutal beauty, tantalises through the sophistication of its carbonfibre monocoque, the potential of its advanced aerodynamics, and its motorsport parentage. This book is a fitting tribute to this unique car.
A dazzling tribute to the KTM X-Bow car – the world’s first production sports car with a full carbon composite monocoque. To fully understand and enjoy this car, it can, and should be appreciated on many different levels: a racing car for the road, and a road car that can excel on the track; its unique composition and aerodynamic qualities; its design and aesthetics. This is a car that was brought to life by the virtually unlimited monetary resources of an industrial giant, steeped in motorsport, who demanded that it be technologically cutting-edge. The car was honed to perfection by arguably the finest racing car engineers in the world, for whom ‘best in class’ was a minimum requirement. It is an objét d'art that can race in anger, or can transport in style. It startles, it fascinates, it wins.
As Mr Toad (of Wind in the Willows fame) would undoubtedly have said, it is ''A Most Unusual Car!'' – we are lucky that this most unusual car, the KTM X-BOW, exists in our lifetime.
This book details the design and development, the build process, racing history, and what it’s like to live with and maintain an X-Bow, written by joint owners and enthusiasts, with the full cooperation of the designers and developers.
First stand-alone book on the KTM X-Bow.
Written with full factory cooperation from KTM, Kiska and Dallara.
The X-Bow was the first production car with a full carbon fibre composite chassis.