• Covers the complete restoration of a Norton Commando 850 MKIII Electric Start
• Very clear and detailed descriptions of each step written in a friendly, informal manner
• Written by an experienced motorcycle enthusiast who understands the problems home restorers face
• Hundreds of clear colour photos detail every step in great detail
• The author shares his mistakes and the problems he encountered for the benefit of others
• Dismantling and restoration of the engine, frame, forks, wheels, brakes, electrics, bodywork and cycle parts all covered in full detail
• Encouragement and knowledge for the home mechanic to complete their own restoration, no matter what their level of skill or experience.
• Relevant to all Norton Commando models from 1968-1975
• Advice given on the different models and which one to choose to restore
• Expert advice delivered in a friendly and accessible manner – a joy to read!
Written in a friendly and accessible manner by an enthusiast of many years, this book provides a thorough and detailed restoration guide for the Norton Commando, complete with step-by-step instructions, and hundreds of colour photos.
This manual is aimed at owners and enthusiasts of the legendary Norton Commando, and covers all areas of restoration from the sourcing of the bike to its completion as a fully restored machine. Starting with advice on the different models, spares availability and where best to source a bike to restore, the book then covers the complete dismantling and restoration of the bike. Describing the engine, frame, gearbox, wheels, suspension and forks, brakes, ancillaries, bodywork, and electrics, the text is illustrated with hundreds of clear colour photos.
What really sets this manual apart is the style in which it is written: not as some dull and distant workshop manual but in a friendly, humorous manner by an enthusiast of many years who is able to involve and entertain the reader, as well as providing a thorough and detailed restoration guide.
This is the fourth restoration guide from an author whose previous works have been a massive hit with mechanics, enthusiasts and restorers throughout the world.
Period Covered: 1968-1975
Models Covered: Norton Commando 750 Fastback 1968-72
Norton Commando 750/850 Interpol 1968 - 75
Norton Commando 750/850 Roadster 1970 - 75
Norton Commando 750/850 Hi-Rider 1971 - 74
Norton Commando 750/850 Interstate 1972 - 75
Norton Commando 850 John Player Special 1974 - 75
Models NOT Covered: Norton Wankel, Norton Rotary
A fully detailed manual for the home mechanic covering all aspects of Commando restoration
Written in great detail yet in a clear, friendly manner that makes restoration easy
Hundreds of original detailed colour photos
A unique and friendly approach