The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• The fascinating biography of a remarkable motoring personality
• The story of “Bunty” - also known as David Scott-Moncrieff, the world’s No 1 Rolls-Royce dealer
• Fascinating characters in the motoring world, including royalty, the rich and famous, even the infamous
• Many high-end classic cars described
• Great tales of motoring adventures in vintage cars
• Recollections and anecdotes from those who knew him
• A look at the world of Rolls-Royce and classic car dealership
• An insight into the life of an archetypal British eccentric veteran and vintage car enthusiast
• A close look at vintage car values from the ‘30s to the ‘60s
• Written by a long-time friend and colleague
The biography of a larger-than-life character in the world of motoring, especially among classic car collectors. David Scott-Moncrieff, aka ‘Bunty,’ claimed to be the Number 1 in the Rolls-Royce second-hand car trade. He was a colourful personality, an experienced car expert, a charming entertainer and a passionate vintage race car addict.
The fascinating biography of David Scott-Moncrieff, alias ‘Bunty’ – a colourful larger-than-life personality, enthusiastic car expert, charming entertainer, and passionate vintage car addict.
Bunty’s favourite marque was Rolls-Royce, and, for some time, he claimed to be the Number 1 in the Rolls-Royce second-hand car trade worldwide. Bunty also owned world-famous race cars, heaps of worn-out hearses (to be rebuilt), supercharged Mercedes classics, and even an antique Steamer. Here, you will meet them all, along with some of his many admirers who had the courage and pleasure to enter the passenger seat.
Halwart Schrader travelled to England to meet Bunty on many occasions, knew him well. and has written this long-awaited biography in full co-operation with Bunty’s son, Humphrey Scott-Moncrieff.
Models Covered: veteran and vintage Rolls-Royce and others
The true story of a great motoring personality
Translated into English for the first time
Recollections from people who knew Bunty, rare original photos of vintage cars