The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• A no-nonsense guide to the restoration of an MX-5/Miata
• How to choose a car to restore
• A guide to buying tools for the restoration
• Where to buy parts and panels, ordering the right parts first time every time
• Organising your working space and planning the project
• How to cut out and repair rust, replacing panels and prepping for paintwork
• How to underseal so the rust doesn’t return
• Restoring the suspension, steering and brakes
• Replacing the cam belt, water pump, engine gaskets and seals, replacing a clutch. Common mechanical issues and upgrades
• How to refresh a tired interior and fit a new hood
An easy to follow, step-by-step guide to restoring a Mazda MX-5/Miata. Designed to help you rescue your MX-5 and turn it in to the car you have always wanted. Whether you are planning a full restoration or a minor bodywork repair, this book covers everything you need to know.
An easy to follow guide to restoring a classic Mazda MX-5/Miata – the world’s favourite small sports car. This book takes you step-by-step through choosing a project car, looking the car over, planning the restoration, and buying parts and tools to perform the work. The comprehensive text is fully supported by high resolution photographs, guiding you through stripping the car down, cutting out and repairing rust, restoration of interiors, replacing the hood, refurbishing the underside of the car including the floor pan, suspension, brakes, undersealing, reassembly, replacing the cam belt and waterpump, replacing engine seals and gaskets to cure common leaks. It also provides a guide to handy upgrades as you go along.
Whether you are looking to restore to original condition or build an out-and-out track weapon, the techniques described in this book will assist you in getting the right base to start with. The book is based on and actual restoration of a vehicle carried out by the author, with before and after shots.
Period Covered: 1989-2005
Models Covered: Mazda MX-5/Miata MK1 NA 1989-1997; Mazda MX-5/Miata MK2 NB 1998-2001; Mazda MX-5/Miata MK2.5 NBFL 2001-2005
Models not Covered: Mazda MX5 MK3 MK4
Of all the issues to affect the MX-5/Miata, corrosion and a lack of love from previous owners is the most common. This book shows how to rescue an MX-5 from the jaws of the crusher, and bring it back to life.
There are many books on the market covering the history of the much loved MX-5/Miata, or how to perform maintenance, but this book will guide you through the restoration process, giving the owner the confidence to tackle challenging jobs.
A step by step photographic guide to the restoration of a MK1 and MK2 MX-5/Miata.