The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• The updated and extended 2nd edition of this popular title
• The most complete record of Formula 1 statistics and trivia ever published
• More than 1200 sections on the drivers, the cars, the engines, the tyres, and the circuits
• Original ideas for analyses that won’t be found anywhere else
• Performance records of every driver, every constructor, and every engine make to have taken part in F1
• Amazing coincidences, and many funny stories – as well as some serious ones
• A summary of regulation changes since 1950
• A detailed insight into the variety of qualifying procedures throughout the years
• A quick reference guide to every grand prix result - all the facts and figures you could ever want to know. The only book ever to focus in such detail on Formula 1 records, and to contain many new ideas for looking at Formula 1.
• A new collection of carefully selected photographs depicting the history of Formula 1
Providing you with “The Knowledge” about every driver and car to take part in Formula 1 since 1950, this book contains all the facts and figures you could ever want to know. Along with amusing anecdotes, there’s a run-down of regulations over the years, the history of qualifying formats, and race results tables, plus an extensive photo section.
The first edition of this book was groundbreaking: an entire book dedicated to F1 records and trivia, which proved hugely popular with F1 enthusiasts and fans of racing statistics. This new second edition is fully updated, with up-to-date stats, and an extended narrative including many amusing, and some serious, stories from the history of F1. There are performance records of every driver, every car constructor, and every engine make to have taken part, a detailed insight into the variety of qualifying procedures throughout the years, a summary of regulation changes since 1950 and a quick reference guide to every grand prix result.
Performances are analysed by nationality, youngest/oldest, fastest/slowest, consecutive wins, poles, most wins at different circuits, and lots more. It’s not just focused on drivers and cars, but circuits, engines and tyres too. A comprehensive photographic section depicts the changing scene of Formula 1 since its inception in 1950.
This book will be an invaluable reference book, that will both entertain and provide definitive data at your fingertips.
Period Covered: 1950-2018
Models Covered: F1 World Championship entries since 1950
Formula 1 is a global sport with massive TV ratings and an increasing number of countries staging races. Followers of the sport and casual viewers, often like to have reference material to dip into, to gather information. Ideal for quizzes, and to say to friends ‘did you know…?
The only book ever to focus in such detail on Formula 1 records, and to contain many new ideas for looking at Formula 1.
As well as previously unpublished material, the book includes rare, previously unpublished photographs, to illustrate the history of the sport.