The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• Written with input from Roger Edwards Motors – the leading SL specialist
• Drawing on 10 years of Mercedes-Benz Club articles on these cars
• All you need to evaluate a W107 SL or SLC
• Benefiting from Veloce Publishing’s established assessment system
• 100 photographs showing you what to look for – and what to avoid
• A clear and realistic description of what these cars are like to drive and own
• A reliable guide to values
• A step by step guide to assessing a car
• A guide to the realities of restoration
• An introduction to the support available to Pagoda owners
STOP! Don’t buy a Mercedes-Benz 280-560SL or SLC without buying this book first! Having this book in your pocket is just like having a real marque expert by your side. Benefit from Chris Bass’s years of Mercedes ownership: learn how to spot a bad car quickly and how to assess a promising one like a professional.
A warts and all introduction to owning, driving and maintaining a Mercedes-Benz 280-560SL or SLC, and a step-by-step guide to evaluating one for purchase. This book includes 100 photos of what to look for and what to avoid, plus a realistic assessment of running and restoration costs, as well as market values. This includes servicing and spare parts prices, and the relative values of the various models, specifications and vehicle conditions you are likely to encounter.
Written by the editor of the Mercedes-Benz Club Gazette, it draws on the experiences of the late Roger Edwards, a former Mercedes-Benz apprentice who spent his life working on and enjoying these cars, along with input from Roger’s colleagues who continue to run his company. It also benefits from the author’s 30 years of owning and restoring old cars, and his contacts in the world of Mercedes-Benz enthusiasts.
Written in an easy to follow, jargon-free style, this book will equip you with all you need to know to buy a Mercedes.
1971 to 1989
280SL 1974 to 1985, 280SLC 1974 to 1981, 300SL 1985 to 1989, 350SL 1971 to 1980, 350SLC 1972 to 1980, 380SL 1980 to 1985, 380SLC 1980 and 1981, 420SL 1985 to 1989, 350SL 4.5 1971 to 1973, 450SL 1973 to 1980, 350SLC 1972 to 1980, 450SLC 1972 to 1980, 450SLC 5.0 1978 to 1981, 500SL 1980 to 1989,, 500SLC 1980 and 1981, 560SL 1986 to 1989