The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• A beautiful book
• A nostalgic look at Europe's 'lost' motor racing venues in their heydays ... and as they are today ...
• Stunning original photography of every circuit by new name Gavin D. Ireland
• Track diagrams show the evolution of the circuits
• Many period photographs and period memorabilia illustrations such as programme covers/event posters
• Haunting images capture the spirit of forgotten venues
• Many of the ‘lost' circuits are under threat: the book includes details of campaigns to save them
A look at the history of ten of Europe's great abandoned race circuits, as well as contemporary views, shown in stunning photographs.
Around Europe lie a number of long forgotten monuments, windswept and abandoned, the derelict buildings and crumbling tarmac are all that remain of once great motor racing circuits. From the great speed-bowls of Monza and Brooklands, to the parkland of Crystal Palace, this evocative book features both historical pictures, as well as stunning contemporary photography of the circuits as they are now.