• Maybe your Land Rover is making an unusual noise, has an odd smell or vibration? You can look it up in this book!
• Covers basic vehicle problems
• Identifies 101 common faults and fixes on your Land Rover
• What to carry in your spares kit for a quick roadside fix
• Over 120 photos, hints and tips
• Cross-referenced throughout, to aid rapid problem diagnosis
• Details of club back-up and support organizations
• Handy size that fits in your glovebox
A compact but comprehensive troubleshooter and guide to the Series I, II & III Land Rovers. Common problems are identified, from engine noises to suspension issues, providing easy roadside repairs, as well as thorough advice on more expensive repairs. Covering most models, petrol and diesel engines, this is an essential book for Land Rover drivers.
This book is the mechanic in your glovebox, essential for troubleshooting, identifying issues and suggesting roadside fixes for 101 common problems associated with Series Land Rovers – both on and off-road.
The user-friendly layout incorporates extensive cross-referencing, helping you rapidly diagnose a problem. Remedies for everything from sudden engine failure through to unusual sounds and smells are provided in topic-specific chapters, and all standard petrol and diesel engines are covered, with the exception of the V8. Some Land Rover models have their own specific weaknesses and these are also addressed, with thorough advice provided for permanent and more expensive repairs, and tips on preventative maintenance.
Featuring innovative temporary fixes learnt from years of on and off-road driving, plus over 100 diagrams and photograph, this book can help get you and your Land Rover back on the tarmac – or save you a long walk through the bush.
Land Rover Series I, II, IIA & III (1948-85); petrol & diesel versions
Models not covered:
Forward Control models, military versions of Series Land Rovers and the Stage One V8.