The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• The only book to cover all rotary cars in one volume
• The only Mazda book in print to describe pre-RX-7 rotaries
• Contains largely never seen before picture stock
• Created with the help of Mazda Japan
• All versions of Mazda rotary engine shown and described
• Mazda rotary racing achievements around the world
• Learn how to tell rotary clones from the real McCoy
• Dawson archive historical info and first hand experience
• A history of Mazda car and truck building
• Rotary engine tuning around the world
The complete history of Mazda’s rotary engine-powered vehicles, from Cosmo 110S to RX-8. Charting the challenges, sporting triumphs, and critical reactions to a new wave of sports sedans, wagons, sports cars ... and trucks!
A description of the development history of Mazda’s rotary power plant, and the model timelines of the vehicles these engines powered – how one small Japanese automaker remained independent and became famous using a unique engine.
Examines the commercial ups and downs in North America, using rotaries to become a high performance icon and V8 alternative, and charting the racetrack achievements of Mazda rotary racers around the world including in home-country Japan.
Also reveals the pollution control and fuel economy challenges facing Mazda as they strove to keep rotary engines in production to satisfy high performance fans globally.
…as the only dedicated book on the subject, it’s excellent.
…does what it says on the cover and tells you all about the wonders of these fine Mazdas - with plenty of technical information to boot.
Classic Car Weekly
…a valuable asset to anyone who considers themselves a fan of either rotary engines or Mazda as a brand.
An interesting story of perseverance, technology and marketing.
The rotary engine is the only commercially successful piston alternative, and Mazda made it work!
The only book to cover all Mazda rotary-engined models!