• User friendly explanations, written from the D-I-Y mechanic’s point of view
• Fully practical book
• Difficulty rating for each of the operations to be performed
• Modular engine logic: common crankshaft + different head configuration
• Money-saving home-made special tools and commercial alternatives
• Covering a wide model range
• Lots of neat & clear schematic drawings
• 1220 full color step-by-step photos and other illustrations
• Lots of useful practical tips & hints
• Free EMS diagnostic software and alternative software explained
The secrets of Ducati L-twins with belt-driven cams finally explained in a single DIY-mechanic-friendly manual. This book is the incredibly comprehensive practical manual you have been waiting for!
If you’re passionate about your Ducati, wish to know your motorcycle in real depth, and keep it in perfect shape with the loving care she’ll only receive from you, this is your book.
This is a comprehensive service manual for you and your Ducati, that will help you to perform all maintenance and repair operations in your own home workshop. From basic servicing to the most complex repair and adjustment operations, everything is covered.
The bikes covered in this book range from the first 1980 ‘Pantah’ to the ‘Testastretta Evoluzione’ models, and it spans 30 years of Ducati models.
Within these pages you will discover the secrets of your pride and joy, and be enabled to enjoy making repairs or carrying out maintenance in your workshop or garage.
With the rhythm of their mechanical soul, and powerful twin heartbeat, Ducatis are motorcycles for true lovers of voluptuous Italian style and character. The author, Eduardo Cabrera, is better know in the Spanish ducatisti community as Baron Rojo (Red Baron), a lifelong Ducati owner and enthusiast, and a regular contributor to the Spanish Ducati online forum.
1979 to 2017
This work covers all Ducati L-twins with belt-driven cams of the “Pantah” generation: From the original 1979 500 Pantah to the models still in production in 2017
Models not covered:
Bevel drive generation Desmos.
New generation “Superquadro” engines used on all Superbikes “Panigale” 1199, 1299, 899 and 959 capacities. DVT (Double Variable Timing) Heads as used on Ducati Multistrada 1200 ’16 and Ducati X-Diavel 2016.
3.3 Number of vehicles built, each with relevant build period.