The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• The definitive history of the 997-series Porsche 911s
• Illustrated throughout with contemporary material
• Covers all major markets in detail
• Year-by-year look at the 997's competition exploits
• Rare photographs of the car's development
• An overview of where the 997 fits into the Porsche story at each stage of its evolution.
• Contemporary press comments
• Detailed appendices, including chassis numbers and production figures
• Written by an acknowledged Porsche historian
• The sixth volume in the Definitive History series
This book – the sixth volume in a set covering the Porsche 911 models – is the definitive history of the hugely successful 997-series vehicles, with in-depth detail on all the road cars sold around the world, as well as the 997's competition exploits.
Taking an in-depth look at Porsche’s 997-series, this book builds on Veloce’s previous five volumes of Definitive History, to build a set that records the entire history of the legendary 911 – one of the worlds most recognisable cars.
As with earlier titles, Brian Long examines in detail the road cars that sold in all the world’s major markets, as well as the numerous competition cars that have represented the Stuttgart marque in racing and ralying over the years.
Using contemporary photography and archive material to richly illustrate each page, the background, concept, and birth of the 997 is revealed. With detailed appendices giving year-by-year range details, engine specifications and chassis numbers, and worlwide production figures, this really is the definitive history of the 911.
Porsche fans that want more information on the cars of this era definitely need a copy in their library too.
Liebe zu Ihm
The pictures, most of which are official Porsche shots, are of a high quality and, with plenty of detail, this is a good guide to the model.
Classic & Sports Car
With detailed appendices giving year-by-year range details, engine specifications and chassis numbers, and worldwide production figures, this really is the definitive history of the 911.
The Porsche 911 is an iconic sports car, easily recognised the world over.
This book continues the 911 story, building on the five volumes already published by Veloce.
The exclusive use of contemporary photography and advertising.