The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• Real life restoration, carried out by the author
• Aimed at the beginner and seasoned motorbike restorer alike
• Advice on project choice and the preparation process
• Step-by-step guidance with hundreds of photographs
• Dismantling, restoring and sourcing parts, and rebuilding
• Recommendations on repairs, renovations and parts replacements
• Special tools, their purchase, use and alternatives
• Restoring mechanical parts such as engine, gearbox, brakes and electrics
• Tackling bodywork: spraying, polishing, seat re-covering, decals, forks and tyres
• How to save yourself time and money
Whether it be an entry level GT380, or a ground-breaking water-cooled GT750, this step-by-step full restoration guide covers it, from dismantling, sourcing parts, spraying and decals, to polishing, safe set-up and general maintenance. Even riding safely and storage are covered, making this a must-have guide for all Suzuki Triple enthusiasts.
If you can still remember the signature of many 70s motorcycles – the characteristic sound and smell of a 2-cylinder 2-stroke engine – then you’ll find pleasure in the knowledge that there are many of these classics are still alive and well today, in sheds, garages and barns across the country. Many only make an appearance on a nice, sunny day, perhaps attending classic events or taking an early evening summer ride with friends. Buying one of these motorcycles can be expensive, yet find one in need of just the lightest restoration you can strike a bargain price.
Restoration is not as difficult as it may at first appear, and this step-by-step illustrated guide will give any potential restorer all the advice, tips and shortcuts needed to make an economical, easy restoration happen.
…an excellent guide for anyone who is thinking of buying and/or restoring one of these three cylinder bikes.
Bike Rider Magazine
Packed with information, tips, advice and tricks, it's clear that author and serial-restorer Ricky Burns is very well acquainted with the innards of these classic Japanese smokies.
Moto Storiche d'Epoca / Moto Tecnica
Covers the period 1971 to 1978, and the models GT 380, 550, and 750.
Suzuki two-stroke triples are always in attendance at Classic Motorcycle shows; restoring them and keeping them running has a large enthusiastic following worldwide.
Illustrated step-by-step, simple to follow guide, the user can start and successfully finish the restoration of any Suzuki 2-Stroke Triple