The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• Like having a real marque expert at your side – benefit from real ownership experience
• See where to buy, and how to asses a promising car
• Advice on choosing the right model for your taste and budget
• Discover the problems you may face during ownership, and how to fix them
• Includes a comprehensive inspection guide
• In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
• Covers the full range of models produced
• Explains Mercedes-Benz model designations and type numbers
• Details of club back-up and support organizations
• Shows how the Mercedes-Benz community can help you
STOP! – Don’t buy a Mercedes-Benz SLK until you’ve read this book!
Having this book in your pocket is just like having a real marque expert by your side. Benefit from the author’s years of Mercedes-Benz ownership, learn how to spot a bad car quickly, and how to assess a promising car like a professional. Get the right car at the right price!
The first generation ‘Sportlich, Leicht und Kurz’ – or SLK – was Mercedes-Benz’ take on the compact roadster format. Hugely successful from launch, and selling well over 300,000 models, it rapidly became the main competitor to the models of other major German marques. Offering a wealth of options, including a unique ‘Vario-roof' folding hard-top, supercharged four-cylinder engines, a 3.2-litre V6 version, and a high-performance AMG version, the SLK is one of Mercedes-Benz’ best known, and most sought-after, models.
Buy the guide, be informed, and shop around for a painless summer SLK experience.
Classic Car Weekly
This book would seriously benefit those facing the auctions or scouring through the small ads ... even the most inexperienced can obtain enough knowledge to buy this future classic with confidence.
Grant Ford (Freelance Reviewer)
Covers the period 1997-2004, and the following models:
SLK200 1997-2004, SLK230 1997-2004, SLK320 2000-2004, SLK32 AMG 2001-2004
A title in Veloce’s very successful Essential Buyer’s Guide series. Over 100,000 sold!
You’d be foolish to buy a car without the expert knowledge contained in this book
Very modest retail price, but you could save thousands and much heartache