The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• Stunning, contemporary photography – almost all in colour
• Year-by-year coverage of all the production models
• World markets reviewed, giving a true picture of the cars available
• Written with the full co-operation of the factory
• Serves as an invaluable guide to these increasingly collectable cars
• Written by an acknowledged motoring historian
• Contains detailed appendices
• Comprehensive colour and trim guides included
• Comes with concise buyers' guide section
• Written by a long-term Porsche owner and enthusiast
The definitive history of the entire Porsche 986-series Boxster, including an overview of all the models sold in each of the world's major markets. Packed full of information and contemporary illustrations sourced from the factory, it provides the perfect guide for enthusiasts, historians, and those looking for authenticity.
Whilst generating a huge amount of interest when shown as a concept car in 1993, buyers had to wait until 1996 for the production version of the Boxster. In true Porsche tradition, the model was subjected to a programme of continuous development and allowed to evolve, with increasingly sportier versions following year after year. Told by a leading marque authority, this is the definitive story of Porsche's affordable roadster from prototype stage to 2004, the year which signalled the end of the original 986 series. The work is illustrated with factory-sourced images and details of the cars sold in all the major markets.
Brian Long has written copious books on the the models of Porsche and each one is authoritative and informative, with this latest effort covering the 986 (Mk1) Porsche Boxster continuing that trend.
Total Kit Car
A good read for all sports car fans.
Told by a leading marque authority, this is the definitive story of Porsche's affordable roadster from prototype stage to 2004 ... belongs on the bookshelf of any true Porsche enthusiast.
Lieb zu Ihm (love for Porsche)
It is a luxury product befitting the brand.
The Boxster was a huge sales success for Porsche, helping to revive the company’s fortunes.
This book is unusual as it looks at Boxster sales in all major markets.
Filled with contemporary photography from the factory and the author's collection, helping those looking for authenticity. Some of the pictures are unique to this publication.