• The definitive history of the original NA series Mazda MX-5 Miata
• Sales in all major markets covered in detail
• Written by a recognized authority on the subject
• Includes limited editions from around the world
• Written with the full co-operation of the factory
• A look at the aftermarket industry spawned by the car
• Detailed production figures, including exports
• A fully revised version of a celebrated book focusing on the NA cars
• Contemporary photography to help owners with authenticity
• From a past owner of the MX-5 and other Mazdas
This is the definitive history of the first generation Mazda MX-5 – also known as the Miata or Eunos Roadster. A fully revised version of an old favourite, now focussing on the original NA series, this book covers all major markets, and includes stunning contemporary photography gathered from all over the world.
Researched and written in Japan, with the full co-operation of the factory, here, in definitive detail, is the complete story of the first generation of Mazda's MX-5 – the car that re-invented the affordable lightweight roadster, a species that many thought was extinct as the 1990s drew near.
Immediately successful, the MX-5, also known as the Miata or Eunos Roadster, spawned many imitators, but remains the world's biggest selling sports car. The series has now been in production for well over 20 years, and new generations continue to follow the concept of the original, much to the delight of fans and enthusiasts all over the world.
Well researched and informative. There’s much to like.
This book is the definitive story of MX-5 Mk1 ... typically full of detail and very entertaining. I am a big admirer of Long’s works on the Porsche 911 and this one is equally accomplished.
tkc (Total Kit Car)
BOOK OF THE WEEK ... reveals the subtle details in the design that pass many would-be owners by.
Classic Car Weekly
A must for MX-5 fans.
Covers the period 1989 to 1998, and all first generation (NA series) MX-5, Miata and Eunos and variants.
The definitive history of the original Mazda MX-5 - the car responsible for starting a revival of the lightweight sports car.
This book tells the full story of the first generation MX-5 from its birth to its replacement by the NB-series.
Contemporary photography from around the world, virtually all in colour.