The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• The only step-by-step, practical guide to selecting and installing renewable eco-energy projects
• Technical details made easy with over 740 colour illustrations
• Written by renewable energy guru, Lindsay Porter – for many years, one of the foremost technical writers
• Clear explanations of all the upsides of each type of technology – and all the downsides, too!
• Produced with key advice from many leading companies, organisations and experts in renewable energy
• Includes most of the leading technologies applicable in the UK and Europe, North America and Australia
• Covers solar water heating and electricity generation, and air- and ground-source heat pumps.
• Shows how to live off-grid with a domestic wind turbine
• Explains bio-mass heating systems, home insulation and energy saving
• ... and more besides
Most renewable energy systems aren’t new, but their use is. This handbook shows how each of the main renewable energy technologies works, along with step-by-step details of how it’s installed, as well as the pros and – at least as importantly – the cons of each type of installation.
The Renewable Energy Home Handbook is biased towards the practical, and covers the installation of all leading types of alternative domestic energy sources – from ground- and air-source heat pumps, PV solar electricity generation and solar water heating, to bio-mass domestic heating systems and wind turbines. Discussing the pros and cons of each technology, it also provides you with a clear overview of what’s genuinely required and the benefits to be gained from each system.
The author, Lindsay Porter, is best known for his books on motor vehicle technology, making car mechanics and body repairs easy to understand and carry out. But alternative energy and conservation have long been a passion for him and his wife, Shan, so this manual is very much a labour of love. Here, Lindsay applies his commitment to making difficult subjects easy for everyone to understand to the money-saving – planet-saving – systems we can apply to our homes.
Eco-energy for the home saves money while saving the planet. This handbook shows how it’s done.
A UN report on renewables in April 2014 said “averting catastrophe is eminently affordable” – this manual shows how it’s done.
This is the first guide book to explain what’s involved in installing your own eco-energy systems, in step-by-step detail.
Shows how each specialist in their field installs every type of home renewable energy system, so you can see for yourself how it’s done, and make the best choices for your home.