The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• Like having a real marque expert at your side – benefit from years of real ownership experience
• Full coverage of all 700 and 900 models
• Where and how to buy a 700/900 Volvo
• Advice on choosing the right model and condition
• Key checks – how to spot a bad car quickly
• Comprehensive inspection guide
• In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
• Discussion of desirable upgrades, as well as modifications to avoid
• Market and value data, predicts which models will become collectable
• Details of club back-up and support organisations
STOP! Don’t buy a Volvo 700 or 900 series without first buying this book.
Having this book in your pocket is just like having a real marque expert at your side. Benefit from Tim Beavis’ years of Volvo experience, learn how to spot a bad car quickly, and how to assess a promising one like a true professional. Get the right car at the right price!
A second hand Volvo ... really? Yes! Forget about what you thought you knew – the right 700 or 900 series could be the best car you’ve ever bought, and this book is your essential guide to finding, assessing and buying the best car for you. Packed with information, illustrations and advice from a real marque expert, you’ll be taken through detailed sections on what you need to know to decide which model is for you.
Find out what it’s like living with the car, how much you should be paying and how, when, and where to inspect models for sale, including a comprehensive condition checklist and guide to common concerns. You’ll also discover what’s involved in restoring, the main problems caused by lack of use, and potential for modification.
For reference, there’s a vital statistics list for each model, shape and engine, and a guide to the key people, organisations and companies within the Volvo community that you can look to for further advice.
' ... useful chapters ask whether this is the right car for you, provide relative values, instruct on how to carry out a fifteen-minute evaluation and outline what’s involved in a restoration, so the book really provides a lot of ammunition for anyone on the hunt for a Volvo 700 or 900, and is sure to lead them along the path to the best car their money can buy ... this is a must-have title for current and future owners of a Volvo 700/900.'
Irish Vintage Scene
Period covered: 1982-1998
Models covered: 760 GLE, GLE Turbo Diesel, Turbo 740 GL, GLE, GLT 16V, GLE Turbo Diesel, Turbo, SE 780 Bertone Coupé