The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• Like having a real marque expert at your side – benefit from years of real ownership experience
• Full coverage of all S-type models
• Where and how to buy an S-type
• Advice on choosing the right model and specification
• Key checks – how to spot a bad S-Type quickly
• Comprehensive inspection guide
• In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
• Discussion of desirable specifications and upgrades
• Market and value data
• Details of club back-up and support organisations
Having this book in your pocket is just like having a real marque expert at your side. Benefit from Nigel Thorley’s years of Jaguar experience, learn how to spot a bad S-Type quickly, and how to assess a promising one like a true professional. Get the right car at the right price!
The S-Type represented Jaguar's re-entry into the prestige medium-sized luxury car market after the demise of the Mark 2 in the late '60s, and this Essential Guide covers every model from 1999 to 2007. Not only an important read, but an invaluable reference guide to refer to when viewing a car. It will help you identify the model that best suits you, what to look for when inspecting an S-Type, and provides you with all the necessary procedures to ensure the car is actually what it appears to be. Identifying some of the pitfalls to avoid, helping you decide on what and where to buy – whether from a dealer, private sale, or auction – this guide helps you get the best possible car you can for your money.
Period covered: 1999 to 2007
Models covered: All Jaguar S-Type saloon models, petrol and diesel, all engine sizes, including limited editions.