The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• Build a fabulous car on a tight budget!
• Your choice, traditional Tiger Avon or the exciting new GTA!
• Choose whether you want to build the chassis yourself or buy the complete unit
• All body panels are available to buy, or you can create your own body to your design and mould it yourself
• Choose your own power unit: car or motorcycle, 4 cylinder in-line or V8
• Excellent power to rate ratios, even with standard Sierra 'Pinto' engines
• Complete building instructions are provided, including mechanical components, bodywork, instruments and electrical systems
• Includes how to convert your existing Tiger Avon to a GTA
The step-by-step guide to building YOUR dream Sportscar on a budget. The Tiger Avon is a high-quality, high-performance roadster based on readily available Ford Sierra mechanical components with a choice of independent or live axle rear suspension. Engine wise, you can use a straight 4 or V8 of your choice, including Ford Pinto, Ford Zetec, Rover K-Series and motorcycle units.
The step-by-step guide to building YOUR dream sports car on a budget. The Tiger Avon is a high-quality, high-performance cycle-wing roadster, while the GTO is a sleek new design. Both models are based on readily available Ford Sierra mechanical components with a choice of independent or live axle rear suspension. Engine wise, you can use a straight 4 or V8 of your choice, including Ford Pinto, Ford Zetec, Rover K-Series or even motorcycle units.
'The layout is logical while the photos and drawings are clear and unambiguously depict what is being described - not always the case with automotive engineering guides. Much of the advice and guidance is relevant to the assembly of kit cars in general, which widens the target audience and goes some way to justifying the £30 price tag.'
'This easy-to-navigate softback if essentially a build manual for the entry-level, Lotus Sevenesque Tiger Avon of the slightly lumpy fully enveloped GTA version, both of which have proven successful in motor sport.'
'This is actually a very good 'how to' and gives comprehensive building instructions, dealing with mechanical components, instruments and electrical systems, while it will also be essential reading if you want to turn your clubman-bodied Avon into a GTA. Another superb effort from the irrepressible Jim and Veloce.' Total Kit Car
'If you do have one of these kits in your garage, you'd be nuts not to have this book sitting on a nearby shelf.'