The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• See through the eyes of experienced MGA owners, and bring 40+years of expertise to your search for the perfect MGA
• Full coverage of all 1500, 1600 and Twin Cam roadsters and coupés
• Where and how to buy an MGA
• Advice on choosing the right model and condition
• Key checks – how to spot a bad car quickly
• Comprehensive inspection guide
• In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
• Discussion of desirable upgrades, as well as modifications to avoid
• Market and value data – predicts which models will become collectable
• Details of club back-up and support organisations
Having this book in your pocket is just like having a real marque expert by your side. Benefit from the author’s years of MGA ownership, learn how to spot a bad car quickly and how to assess a promising one like a professional. Get the right car at the right price!
Judged by many to be the most attractive MG ever produced, the MGA is not only good-looking, but also fun to drive, coping very well with modern traffic demands.
In this book you will find advice on choosing the right model, and discussion about potential ownership costs. Practicality and comfort are considered, allowing you to assess suitability for touring, and issues of legality, originality and roadworthiness are also raised.
With information for a quick and easy condition evaluation, leading – if required – to a more serious one with a unique marking system, plus 100 colour photographs, this is a must-buy for anyone thinking of purchasing an MGA.
'YET ANOTHER fun-size paperback in Veloce's unstoppable Essential Buyer's Guide series. In 64 A5-size pages, it covers the 1500, 1600 1 and Twin Cam roadsters and coupes; the key differences and their respective histories. Info runs to advice on choosing the right model to suit your needs, key checks- how to buy a good 'un privately, via a dealer or an auction - upgrading your car (and indeed whether or not you should), what to do with your A once you've acquired it, and also 1e market and value data. As with previous works in this series, it e offers terrific value for money at just shy of a tenner. Well worth a read before you buy the car.'
Period covered: 1955-1962
MGA 1500 Coupé
MGA 1600 Mk1
MGA 1600 Coupé
MGA 1600 Mk2
MGA 1600 Mk2 Coupé
MGA 1600 Deluxe
MGA 1600 Deluxe Coupé
MGA 1600 Mk2 Deluxe
MGA 1600 Mk2 Deluxe Coupé
MGA Twin Cam
MGA Twin Cam Coupé