The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• Save money and help the environment too!
• How to drive a car for best mpg and lowest emissions
• How to buy an economical and low emission car that still suits your needs
• Interpreting government fuel data (and other related info) to choose your eco-efficient car
• Why 4x4 vehicles have a bad reputation for eco-efficiency
• Interpretation of eco-related technical matters. eg: whats a DPF?
• Driving automatic gearbox vehicles in an economical/efficient way
• How to work out if you're becoming a more economical driver
• The pros and cons of hybrid vehicles and alternative fuels for the ordinary driver
• Future alternatives for powering tomorrows cars - advantages and disadvantages
This book describes in a clear, friendly manner everything today’s driver needs to know about choosing and using a car in an economical and eco-efficient way.
This book describes in a clear, friendly manner everything today’s driver needs to know about choosing and using a car in an economical and eco-efficient way. It explains what matters most to the car buyer when optimum fuel economy and lowest emissions are priorities, and why four wheel drive and automatic transmission present challenges to eco-friendly driving.
Highly detailed advice on driving for best fuel economy is supplemented by helpful information on alternative fuels, hybrid powertrains, and much more. Featuring a thorough examination of the advantages and disadvantages of the most promising fuels of the future - electricity and hydrogen – this book is essential reading for the modern driver.
"4 STARS. Learn to be a better driver with this book. Provides tips on how to eke more miles out of a tank of fuel, and also includes details on LPG conversions and hybrids. Excellent."
"Author Dave Moss explains a whole host of ways to both save money and help the environment … as well as explaining eco-related technical terms and discussing the pros and cons of hybrid vehicles and alternative fuels for the ordinary driver."
"Once upon a time it was only our hip pockets that made us want more economical cars. But with concerns for the environment at an all-time high, a book that shows you how to cut fuel usage is right on the mark."
Australian Classic Car
"The Efficient Driver's Handbook explains how to drive the car for best mpg and lowest emissions, and includes techniques for driving a manual gearbox in an economical way."