The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• A unique book, covering all three Land Rover coil sprung models, Defender, Discovery and Range Rover
• From the simple improvements to the extreme, there’s something for everyone
• Full colour pictures clearly show critical areas
• Easy to follow, jargon-free text explains benefits and pitfalls of each modification
• Includes comprehensive buyer's guide – which models to go for and which to avoid
• Practical maintenance and restoration sections to keep your Land Rover running
• Covers green-laning, play days, trialling, Competitive Safari and other motorsport applications
• Includes essential data sheets with vehicle dimensions, capacities and performance
• Useful contacts for clubs, associations and parts suppliers
• Written by a qualified engineer and Land Rover enthusiast with much experience
Buying a Range Rover, Discovery or Defender can be just the start of a wonderful adventure. This book shows the possibilities available to the owner, from big wheels and suspension lifts, under-body protection and tuning ideas, right up to how to convert the car into a high speed racer or an international expedition vehicle. With clear, jargon-free instructions, advice on events like family weekend green-laning, international expeditions and full-on competition, accompanied by colour photographs throughout, this is the definitive guide to getting the most from these exciting vehicles.
A world of fun, excitement, exploration and satisfaction awaits the owner of one of these iconic Land Rovers – and this book is your ticket to that wonderful world.
Some of the most popular Land Rover pastimes are detailed here, with explanations of how to take part and what equipment you need. This unique book explains how these versatile machines can be modified to suit a vast range of applications, from simple upgrades for easier everyday driving and servicing/renovation tips, right up to large scale conversions for racing, trialling and international expeditions.
Everything is explained in clear, straightforward text, written by a qualified engineer and Land Rover enthusiast with many years of practical experience, and accompanied by detailed photographs to show the reader how it’s all done. Many of the modifications shown were carried out on the writer’s own vehicles, giving the reader an honest account of the effort involved – bruised knuckles and all. Featuring ‘how to’ sections, comparison charts to help you choose which modifications are right for you, detailed spec sheets, and lists of useful contacts, this is the definitive guide to getting the most from these exciting vehicles.
"If you are just starting to think about modifying your off roader, this will make an excellent start." – Range Rover Owner & Enthusiast
"A well written book by an author who obviously knows these vehicles well and has assembled a wealth of information. If you are contemplating buying a coil sprung Land Rover, the cost of this book may well be regarded as insurance, as it has a chapter devoted to buying advice and the things to look for." – New Zealand Four Wheel Drive Association Inc.
"A brilliant guide to modifying a Defender, Discovery or Range Rover Classic, this book contains plenty of information as well as pictorial inspiration." – Land Rover Owner International
Range Rover ‘classic’, 2 and 4 door
Discovery 200 and 300 models, V8, TDi, MPi, TD5
Defender, 90 and 110
Models not covered:
Range Rover 1970 to 1995.
Land Rover Discovery 1989-98.
Land Rover Defender, 90 and 110 1983 to 2010.