The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• Like having a real marque expert at your side – benefit from years of real ownership experience
• Full coverage of all Harley Big Twin models
• Where and how to buy a Harley Big Twin
• Advice on choosing the right model and condition
• Key checks – how to spot a bad bike quickly
• Comprehensive inspection guide
• In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
• Discussion of desirable upgrades as well as modifications to avoid
• Market and value data
• Details of club back-up and support organisations
Having this book in your pocket is just like having a real marque expert by your side. Benefit from the author’s years of Harley-Davidson ownership, learn how to spot a bad bike quickly, and how to assess a promising one like a professional. Get the right bike at the right price!
There are lots of books about Harleys, about their history, performance, lineage and the minutae of their specification, but none of them will tell you what to look for when buying one second-hand. That’s what this book is about – it aims at being a straightforward, practical guide to buying a used Harley-Davidson. It won’t list all the correct colour combinations for each year, or analyse the bike’s design philosophy, or consider its background as a cultural icon – there are excellent books listed at the end of this one which do all of that. But hopefully it will help you avoid buying a dud. Point by point, it takes the reader through everything that needs looking at when buying a Harley, plus spares prices, which is the best model to buy for your needs, and a look at auctions, restorations and paperwork.
"This book tells it how it is. Harley's are nice bikes but there are bound to be lots of duds, junk and even fakes on the market. Don't get stung for the sake of spending £10 on this book"
– The Burton Mail
Models covered: FL, FX/Softail and Dyna series. 1340cc, 1450cc, 1584cc