The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• Written by long term 205 GTI enthusiast and owner, Jon Blackburn
• Covers 205 GTI & CTI Cabriolet
• Includes the special editions such as the Miami Blue and Sorrento Green
• Covers popular modifications to look for when buying – lowered suspension, 16-valve engines and brake upgrades
• Key points you must check before you buy
• Targets would-be owners on a budget, as well as those prepared to splash out on a top car
• Defines original engine specifications (1580cc & 1905cc) and vital statistics
The Essential Buyer’s Guide carefully describes the 205 GTI models that enthusiasts love to drive and own, from the pioneering 1.6 GTi, through various developments to the 1.9 GTI. The CTI cabriolet is also covered. When you consider a potential purchase armed with this book, it’s just like have a Peugeot 205 expert by your side. Buy the right car at the right price.
In 1984 Peugeot launched the 205 1.6 GTI, which not only changed Peugeot's image forever, but also set a new benchmark for ‘hot hatches' eight years after the legendary Golf GTI had raised the bar.
Weak points, rust traps, and potential mechanical defects are all laid bare by an expert for the would be buyer. Clear 205-specific photos illustrate problem areas and good points too, as well as model variations. The author also embraces customized and mechanically modified cars.
A unique points scoring system lets you evaluate your potential purchase like and expert and also to determine which price category it should fall into.
With both mileage and particularly condition having a marked affect on potential prices, the author gives sound advice on what is worth restoring and what, however tempting, is likely to cost a new owner an unrecoverable fortune.
Models covered: All models covered including the GTI 1984-1994
Period covered: 1984-1994 (1986-1994 GTI Cabriolet only)
Models not covered:
The book covers just the 1.6 & 1.9GTI and is restricted to the ‘hot hatch’ variants. The GTI Cabriolet is also covered as it is based on a GTI. Fleeting reference will be made to other more mundane specifications, particularly to the 205 Diesel and other Peugeot models in regards to modifications.