• The much anticipated sequel to Autodrome
• A haunting and evocative account of the stories behind some of the world's greatest circuits
• Stunning photography from Gavin D Ireland
• Many never before seen images
• Captures the atmosphere of these lost and abandoned places that once reverberated to the sound of racing engines
A look at the history of ten of the world’s great abandoned race circuits, pictured as they are today in stunning photographs.
The award-winning team behind Autodrome – the lost race circuits of Europe has reunited to bring you this stunning sequel. Covering more abandoned race circuits from across the continents,
Autodrome 2: The lost circuits of the world has a wider scope and darker feel than the first volume.
A range of derelict tracks are covered: the famous Grand Prix circuits at Rouen-Les-Essarts and Solitude are presented, alongside NASCAR’s most evocative track, North Wilkesboro Speedway.
Other oft-forgotten courses, such as the Opel Rennbahn in Germany, take you on an enthralling journey through motorsport’s history.
Today, these circuits are largely consigned to nature, but here they are uniquely resorected through the mesmeric text of S S Collins and stunning, haunting photography of Gavin Ireland.