The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• Like having a real marque expert at your side – benefit from years of real ownership experience
• Coverage of the MX-5 (Miata/Eunos Roadster) 1989 – 2001 models including special, limited editions and desirable upgrades
• Where and how to buy an MX-5
• Advice on choosing the right model and condition, including those with modifications
• Key checks – how to spot a bad car quickly
• Comprehensive inspection guide with unique scoring system
• In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
• Key technical specifications
• Photo illustrations of the important areas to check and foibles to be aware of
• Details of clubs, forums, suppliers and specialists dedicated to the MX-5
Having this book in your pocket is just like having a marque expert by your side. Benefit from the authors years of real ownership experience, learn how to spot a bad car quickly, and how to assess a promising one like a true professional. Get the right car at the right price!
20 years ago, the Mazda MX-5 Roadster was born – the result of five years’ research and development by two project teams split across Japan and the USA. When launched, it was the sports car the world was waiting for.
Over the past 20 years, the MX-5 has evolved and changed, but has managed to stay true to the original philosophy of ‘horse and rider as one,’ a car to truly engage with the driver and provide the ultimate top-down driving experience with its perfect 50/50 weight distribution and neutral handling – it is easy to control, nimble and light, and inexpensive to buy, own and maintain. The MX-5 is a true testament to itself as the ‘world’s best-selling sports car,’ and with the earlier MkI and MkII available for modest prices, it is the perfect choice as a fun and enjoyable daily driver, a weekend track car, or a project base for a kit car. This book will help you get the MX-5 of your dreams.
Period covered: 1989 to 2001
Mazda MX-5/Eunos Roadster/Miata NA 'Mk1' 1.6 114bhp 1989-1995 (including BBR Turbo)
Mazda MX-5 (UK/Europe only) NA 'Mk1' 1.6 88bhp 1995-1998
Mazda MX-5/Eunos Roadster/Miata NA Mk1 1.8 130/133bhp 1993-1998
Mazda MX-5/Roadster/Miata NB 'Mk2' 1.6 108bhp & 1.8 140bhp 1998-2001
Including limited and special editions
Models not covered:
Mazda MX-5/Roadster/Miata NB 'Mk2.5' 1.6 & 1.8 Facelift model 2001-2005
Mazda MX-5/Roadster/Miata NC 'Mk3' & 'Mk3.5' 1.8 & 2.0 2006 - present