The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• The author is an acknowledged motoring historian.
• The author has received full co-operation from the factory.
• Fully updated and revised version of the popular original title.
• Japanese, US, European and Australian markets covered in detail.
• Special variants covered in full.
• Subaru’s rallying exploits covered in full.
• Well over 400 contemporary pictures, mainly in colour.
• In addition to photographs, advertising and brochures have been used.
• Useful appendix covering production and sales figures.
• Foreword by Japanese rally driver Toshi Arai.
Perceived as a replacement for the long running Leone, the Impreza quickly gained a good reputation through Subaru’s successful WRC programme. This book covers the full story of the Impreza, from concept through to the current production car, looking at the rally machines along the way, and illustrated throughout with contemporary material.
Review excerpt by Sirish Chandran for Overdrive magazine
The book is a must-read for every Impreza fanatic and goes into great detail about the origins of Subaru.
Subaru’s rich motorsport history, specifically that of the Impreza has been painstakingly chronologised with details on all the cars, drives and rallies the car has competed in since debut. Included are superb rally pictures along with period advertising and brochures from the Japanese, US, European and Australian markets. The level of detailing is incredible but that can, at times, make the book a bit tedious. All said, a must for every Impreza aficionado.