1. The author is an acknowledged motoring historian.
2. The author has received full co-operation from the factory.
3. Full year-by-year coverage of production models.
4. American and European markets covered in great
5. Limited editions covered in full.
6. Rare prototype photographs.
7. Well over 200 contemporary pictures, many in colour.
8. In addition to photographs, advertising and brochures have been used.
9. Will build into the definitive 911 reference work.
10. Combined with other Veloce/Long titles, will become part of the ultimate Porsche library.
First shown as the 901 prototype at the 1963 Frankfurt Show, the 911 quickly built on the Porsche legend established by the 356 models. This and the previously published four volumes looks at the history of the evergreen 911 in definitive detail, covering 40 years of progress from the earliest design studies to the water-cooled cars of today.