The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• A jolly tale of the annual wildebeest migration, humorously told and illustrated
• An amusing, colourful African animal story in verses of rhyming couplets
• A silly, funny yet educational tale of a natural, annual phenomenon
• The search for food across Africa is rewarded with help from a friend!
• A comical story of co-operation between wildebeest, buffalo ... and crocodiles!
• A wonderful animal story that children around the world will love
• A fine example of one friendly gesture helping others achieve their goal
• An insight into the plight of African wildlife, told in humorous rhyme
• Delightfully illustrated African wildlife tale for 5 to 8 year old children
• A classic story of struggle and perseverance that ends happily ever after
The annual migration of wildebeest across the Masai Mara and Serengeti National Park is a spectacular event. In this amusing and slightly silly story, we learn about the animals’ journey as we follow the herd across dry and dusty plains in search of water and lush grass, overcoming dangers on the way.
The Wandering Wildebeest tells the story of the massive annual migration across the African plains in search of food and water. In the blistering heat, our heroes keep on walking over the parched, dusty ground in their quest to find lush grassland to graze upon. Having faced starvation, exhaustion and dehydration, they finally see a happy, grazing herd of buffalo in the distance! But in order to reach the grassland, the wildebeest have one more dangerous challenge ahead – to cross the deep, wide, river filled with crocodiles!
Written in humorous rhyme and including off-the-wall characters and scenarios, Martin Coleman's funny, silly story, accompanied by Tim Slater’s stunning and hilarious illustrations will both educate and entertain children of all ages, (and we think the grown-ups will secretly enjoy it, too!)
The spectacular annual wildebeest migration, condensed and explained simply, with a comical, colourful story in rhyme.
The author's intention is to educate, amuse and inspire questions with a factual tale depicted in humorous verse.
Beautiful, colourful illustrations. Humorous, rhyming verse in couplets. Funny characters. Silly scenarios.