The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• The benefits and pitfalls of having dogs in the office
• Things to consider before bringing your dog to work
• Case studies illustrating how office life has worked for a variety of dogs
• Learn what policies other businesses have in place
• How to meet your dog's needs in and out of the office
• Considering the dog's perspective on being in your workplace
• Trouble-shooting common problems in office dogs
• What to bring with you to set up your dog for success
• More than one dog in the office? Learn about successful introductions
• Leveraging the support of your colleagues for a successful office dog
A comprehensive guide to dogs in the workplace. Uniquely, this book gives insight from the dog's perspective, whilst also providing plenty of practical advice for making your dog a success in the office! It takes you through the entire process, from gaining the support of your colleagues to policy considerations for the employer.
Office Dogs: The Manual is the guide to dogs in the workplace. As the popularity of bringing our canine companions to the office continues to grow, the many benefits for employers are increasingly recognised. Meanwhile,a new generation of employees are prioritising their dog's needs more than ever before.
Written by a specialist dog behaviourist, this book offer a unique insight into how to integrate your dog into office life, making the arrangement work for all involved: the employer, the employee, and perhaps most importantly, the dog! Uniquely, this book considers the dog's perspective on office life, whilst also providing plenty of practical advice for making your dog's time in the office a success. It takes you through the entire process, from gaining the support of your colleagues to policy considerations for the employer.
With helpful, ready-to-use materials for the office included within, and real-life case studies of workplace dog success stories throughout, this book is the ultimate essential reading for anyone involved with office dogs - owners, employers, those who work with dogs professionally, and those who are simply luck enough to share their office with a dog!
Millennials are more likely to have pets than children, so it's no wonder that an increasing number of workplaces are letting pets through their doors.
There are no other books out there dealing with this important topic!
– Includes sample posters
– Foreword from the president of the PDTE
– Real-life case studies of office dog success stories