The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• A first-time adopter learns how to raise a rescue dog
• Lisa’s behaviour guidance follows Kac’s entertaining stories
• Introducing and adopting a second dog
• Useful information on dog behaviour
• Guidance on basic dog training
• Guidance on helping your dog overcome fear and other issues
• What to look for when choosing a boarding facility
• What to look for when choosing a groomer
• Dogs and cats can live together harmoniously
• In sickness and in health. Helping your dog through troubled times
When Kac Young adopted a rescue dog called Talulah, she consulted behaviourist Lisa Tenzin-Dolma on all things dog-related. Lisa’s observations and guidance make an entertaining and informative book that will appeal to both new and seasoned dog guardians.
Kac Young never imagined that after a lifetime as a ‘cat person’ she would fall in love with, and adopt, a tiny rescue dog called Talulah. She loved other people’s dogs, but “I never had time and they smell funny, lick your makeup off and pee on your new shoes.” All that changed when she met Talulah during a trip out with friends and just had to take her home to a house in the forest in California, shared with her partner and six cats and visited by deer, squirrels and skunks. The stories of life as a first-time adopter describe Kac’s progression from slightly shell-shocked beginner to savvy, adoring dog guardian.
Right from the start, Kac consulted behaviourist Lisa Tenzin-Dolma on all things dog-related, and Lisa’s observations and guidance on a wide range of subjects follow Kac’s stories, so that those with little experience of living with a dog can get started on the right foot and paw and build a loving, trusting relationship.
Entertaining and informative, this book will appeal to both new and seasoned dog guardians.