The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• The stories of a diverse range of rescued animals
• How animals who have been helped go on to help others
• How rescue animals can make it as therapy animals
• Reveals what’s involved in achieving a good therapy animal
• How animals with personality can go on to affect our personalities
• Ten true stories of the human-animal connection
• True stories of rescued animals who have helped people in need of rescue
• Animals who came in from the cold and warmed the hearts of many
• Mammals, reptiles, amphibians and insects – a truly therapeutic menagerie
• An insight into the life of animals used in therapy
This amazing book details how rescue animals can become therapy animals, by employing patience, understanding, compassion and love. Taking you through the journeys of nine animals and one human, the book demonstrates how human-animal connections can lead to a relationship that is both therapeutic and healing, regardless of species.
Ten animals – nine non-human and one human – take you on ten journeys, where, in each case, an animal in need of rescue overcomes their issues and goes on to help people overcome theirs.
Dale Preece-Kelly, an Animal Assisted Therapy Practitioner, details his own very personal experiences – and how he was rescued by his animals – describing how the creatures he has rescued have become first class therapy animals.
Featuring a unique range of species, some never previously used in a therapeutic environment, this book demonstrates how each species brings its own benefits to a therapy session. With a foreword from respected Animal Geographer Dr Daniel Allen, who has long supported Dale’s work, the book also gives advice on how to select and ‘train’ a therapy animal, what the benefits are of working with different animals, and how the benefits of each species differ.
This book provides a unique and fascinating insight into the field of animal-assisted therapy.