The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• The very personal diary of a rescue Lurcher
• Take one rescue Lurcher. Add five cats. Stir in one family on the brink of chaos
• Worzel's first year
• Cats, boats, kittens and Lurchers – that’s never going to work. Is it?
• The world through the eyes of a very special dog: the amazing Worzel Wooface
• Hilarious, honest, touching and full of joy
• A lighthearted look at family life from a dog's point of view. Not just for dog lovers – cats and humans get a look in, too!
• Important, valuable lessons about the challenges and rewards involved in taking on a rescue animal
• A must for all Lurcher owners
• A real, feel good, laugh-out-loud book
Quite simply, a very actual superstar!
Worzel is an enormous Lurcher with 'issues.' When a disastrous turn of events means he has to be re-homed, his life changes dramatically. Now, as well as dealing with his own issues, he's got to deal with a distinctly imperfect family. And cats. Shed loads of cats; some of whom aren't that pleased to welcome him into their home ...
This humorous book tells the story of Worzel, an enormous lurcher with “issues” and his newly adopted family – told entirely from the dog's point of view. Adapted from Catherine Pickles highly acclaimed blog, a finalist in the UK Blog Awards 2015, this is a uniquely told story of family life with a rescue animal.
When a disastrous turn of events means he has to be rehomed, Worzel's life changes dramatically. Now, as well as dealing with his own issues, he's got to deal with a distinctly imperfect family, and several cats – some of whom aren't that pleased to welcome him into their home ...
WANTED: Small, friendly dog. Good with people and other dogs. Able to cope with teenagers and life in a weird family that's given up trying to be perfect. The ability to sail, or a willingness to learn, an advantage. Must like cats.
WANTED: Experienced family for anxious, enormous Lurcher. No small children. Needs someone around all the time. Cat-safe.
WANTED: Someboddedy to luff me for wot I are. A famberly that likes walking and doing hinteresting fings but does not hexpect me to be perfick. Or do sit. No small children, sticks, flip-flops or cats. Ok, there can be cats but they'd better be actual quite very nice to me.
Kittens, dogs, family, boats, friends (both human and furry), disasters and successes all feature in over 200 pages of stories, letters and diary entries.
Told entirely from Worzel’s perspective, this is a unique and hilarious diary of a rescue Lurcher's first year in his forever home.
Just under the surface of this very funny book is the key to compassion and understanding your own dog's needs.
Revised to include 8 pages of colour photos.