• Follow the journey of two horses with significant behavioural problems
• Learn the steps used to rehabilitate them
• Charts their progress over the course of a year
• Challenges the preconceptions of how we handle horses
• Shows how effective reward-based, positive methods can be
• Understand the practical applications of behaviour and learning theory
• Uses only scientifically proven methods
• Discusses using the same behavioural principles with other animals
• A useful tool for hobbyists and professionals alike
• Have the happy, stress-free relationship with your horse you’ve always wanted!
Create a true partnership with your horse!
Bringing horsemanship up-to-date with positive, reward-based methods, the truly kind and humane approach to working with horses that Kathie teaches will provide huge benefits for you and your horse.
Two horses with behavioural problems embark on a rehabilitation programme using only positive, reward based methods, developing into self-confident, well balanced horses. Woven throughout is the story of their owner’s life on a rural farm, and insights into her work with dogs, cats and other species as an animal behaviourist.Bringing horsemanship up-to-date with positive, reward-based methods, the truly kind and humane approach to working with horses that Kathie teaches will provide huge benefits for you and your horse.
Following two ex-racehorses over the course of a year, as they go from being reactive and unable to be handled, to calm, well balanced, contented horses, you’ll get to know the personalities of Charlie and Star, as they make the transition from racing to home environment.
This book provides an understanding of behaviour and learning theory, along with free-will, hands-off, and non-coercive techniques, and shows how to apply these principles for stress-free training. You’ll learn how to prevent small issues becoming big problems, making battling with your horse a thing of the past.
Easy to read, this book can be used as a complete start-from-scratch guide, or to browse through, selecting those parts that you wish to work on to achieve fantastic results: reliable behaviour, stress-free, happy and contented horse and owner.
Visit http://www.hubbleandhattie.co.uk/reviews to see what's being said about A tale of two horses – A passion for free-will teaching
Bring horsemanship up to date with positive reward based methods.
Teaches the reader an understanding of behaviour and learning theory.
Apply the theory to real life situations. See how to avoid problems and develop a calm, reliable and happy relationship with your horse.
Develops readers’ emotional mind and impulse control, as well as the horses, and includes examples of how we can improve and better our lives.