The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• The psyche of your dog
• Your psychology: how much are you and your dog alike ?
• The psychology between you and your dog
• Learn the basics of CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
• Discover how your emotional state can impact on your dog
• Identify how you are feeling and what signals you are giving off
• Use CBT to help minimise and take control of unsettling feelings
• Discover how your dog learns from your emotional role model
• Become an expert in Canine Behaviour Therapy
• Help your dog become as happy as you are
Get into your dog’s mind!
Just how successful the bond between man and dog is depends on the dog's ability to ‘read’ us and our moods, so the more we understand about our own behaviour, the better we can influence our dog's responses. The anxieties of an owner can be reflected in their dog's behaviour, and the same is true of a calm, even-tempered owner. A dog may be man's best friend, but first, we need to be our own best friend. This book will show you how.
Your dog and you ... understanding the canine psyche examines the relationship between people and dogs from a psychological perspective, incorporating Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to facilitate this. Uniquely, this is the first time that CBT has been used to help owners relate with their dogs. A dog's behaviour can be a reflection of the emotions an owner may be experiencing; it follows that insight into our behaviour using CBT to reduce emotional unrest will, in turn, be reflected in the dog's behaviour. Dogs have had to become experts at reading people in order to live with us. By understanding our dog and how he responds to us, we can comprehend more about our world and how our dog sees us. Dogs are naturally expert psychologists, and have, over centuries, been bred and domesticated to live harmoniously with us. That they have - in the main - achieved this so well reflects this amazing animal’s ingenuity.
Visit http://www.hubbleandhattie.co.uk/reviews to see what's being said about Your dog and you!
Millions of people care for dogs, whose wellbeing is of paramount importance. We want our dogs to be happy
The psychology between the dog and its owner is key. Dogs read humans constantly. A happy human is reflected in a happy dog
Teaches owners how to increase their dog’s wellbeing using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.