The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• Particularly famous for their great adventures in the Monte Carlo Rally, works Minis humbled many bigger and more powerful cars in international motorsport during the 1960s and 1970s
• Mechanic Brian Moylan spent 22 years in the workshops of the BMC Competitions Department where the works cars were built
• Here, all the secrets of how ordinary production line Mini-Coopers were converted into the mighty giant-killing Minis of motorsport are revealed in great detail
• Minis are still hugely popular in club motorsport and Mini racing series today
• The book includes contributions on the racing Mini from Ginger Devlin and the rallycross Mini from 'Jumping Jeff' Williamson
• The story from inside the ‘Comps Dept’
How the giant-killing Minis of rallying, rallycross & racing fame were converted from standard Mini-Coopers in the BMC Competitions Department. The author, who spent 22 years in ‘Comps’, reveals the secrets of specification, build technique and development of the world famous Works Minis.
The inside story of how the giant-killing Minis of rallying, rallycross and racing fame were converted from standard Mini-Coopers in the BMC Competitions Department. The author, who spent 22 years in "Comps", reveals the secrets of specification, build technique and development of the famous Works Minis.
Particularly famous for their great adventures in the Monte Carlo rally, works Minis humbled many bigger and more powerful cars during the 1960s and 1970s.
Contributions from ‘Ginger’ Devlin & ‘Jumping Jeff’ Williamson reveal, in detail, the modifications to the works racing and rallycross cars respectively.
You don’t have to own a Mini, or even have a specific interest in the Mini, to enjoy this book as it’s great reading for any car enthusiast, and I have to say that I truly enjoyed it
Retro Classics magazine
BOOK OF THE WEEK
Provides inspiration for a new generation of Mini racers.
Classic Car Weekly
Fascinating ... something anyone who has or has had any involvement with the breed should read.
Motor Cycling Club (MCC)
... invaluable to anyone restoring a period car ... good stuff if you’re into nuts and bolts, and top value.
Classic & Sports Car
... a technical profile on the various modified Minis that were produced by the BMC competitions department for racing, rallying and rallycross. Separate chapters ... all backed up by appendices on the race and rallycross cars ... complete a package that will interest competitive Mini pilots.