The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• Learn the secrets of the experts!
• Applies to all 4-cylinder car engines (except diesel & two-stroke).
• Essential reading for millions of car owners looking for more power.
• Expert advice in non-technical English accompanied by clear photos & line illustrations.
• Saves money by eliminating techniques that don't work and by maximising the use of modified standard components where possible.
• Written by a professional competition engine builder.
How to blueprint any 4-cylinder, 4-stroke engine's short block for maximum performance and reliability. Covers choosing components, crank and rod bearings, pistons, camshafts and much more.
A complete practical guide on how to blueprint (optimize all aspects of specification) any 4-cylinder, four-stroke engine's short block to obtain maximum performance and reliability without wasting money on over-specced parts. Includes choosing components, crankshaft & conrod bearings, cylinder block, connecting rods, pistons, piston to valve clearances, camshaft, engine balancing, timing gear, lubrication system, professional check-build procedures and much more.
'It's something of a truism that if the top end of an engine provides the power, then the bottom end provides the reliability. This new, updated and revised book for Veloce's prolific SpeedPro series by race engine builder and equally prolific author Des Hammill explains just what is involved in achieving that reliability.
For anyone building a high performance engine for the first time, this book is absolutely essential reading. And for those who may baulk at the cost of a fully prepared competition engine it may go some way to explaining just why this is so- and we haven't even started on the top end yet!'