The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
• A detailed profile of the Audi R8, arguably one of the greatest endurance racing cars of all time
• The car that changed Audi’s image
• The R8 won Le Mans five times
• A record of all the races in which the Audi R8 competed
• A portrait of one car’s domination
• Profiles of all the drivers who raced the Audi R8
• Detailed account of a significant period in endurance racing
• Covers racing in both the USA and Europe
• Many original photographs
The history of the world’s most successful endurance racing car: the Audi R8. Featuring reports of all of its 80 races, plus profiles of the 35 drivers who raced the car between 2000 and 2006 – as well as the Audi R8R and R8C of 1999.
With individual chassis details, results and observations from significant individuals involved with the R8, and iIllustrated in colour throughout with many previously unpublished photos, this book is a must for all endurance racing fans.
Prior to 1999 Audi did not have a sportscar in its range, let alone having ever raced one. But between 2000 and 2006 the Audi R8 won 63 of the 80 races in which it competed – including five out of six Le Mans 24-hours – making it the most successful long-distance racing car of all time.
The latest in Veloce’s WSC Giants series, this book charts those races and describes the development of the R8, as well as profiling the 35 drivers who raced it between 2000 and 2006. It also includes the story of the Audi R8R and R8C of 1999. Illustrated in colour throughout with many previously unpublished photos, the book features individual chassis details and results, plus observations from significant individuals – engineers, team managers, drivers etc – concerned with the Audi R8.
By the time the R8 was replaced by the diesel R10, it had revolutionised the marque’s image, helping to change it from a staid, but worthy, saloon car manufacturer to one of the world’s leading premium car producers.
'… [A] good mix of tech developments and race reports … An interesting read that gets inside the success of the R8'
"…a compact history of the R8" - New Zealand Classic Car