The downloadable sample PDF requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.
- New! Revised and updated edition - complete with extra illustrations - of this best-selling SpeedPro title.
- The complete practical guide to successfully modifying cylinder heads for maximum power, economy and reliability.
- Understandable language and clear illustrations.
- Avoids wasting money on modifications that don't work.
- Applies to road and track applications, and almost every car/motorcycle (not 2-stroke engines).
- Peter Burgess is a professional race engine builder. David Gollan B ENG HONS is a professional engineer.
The complete practical guide to successfully modifying classic/retro 2-valve cylinder heads for maximum power, economy and reliability. Applies to almost every car/motorcycle (not 2-stroke) and to all road and track applications.
The complete practical guide to successfully modifying classic/retro 2-valve per combustion chamber cylinder heads for maximum power, economy and reliability.Understandable language and step-by-step instruction. Topics include horsepower and torque; equipment and tools; airflow, building a flow bench; porting; valves; valve seats and inserts; valve guides; valve springs; unleaded fuel conversion.
'... an excellent practical guide to what is often regarded as something of a ‘black art’ in the field of engine building ... While a certain amount of information on camshafts, fuel supply, exhaust and ignition systems is given, more detailed coverage of these areas is available in other SpeedPro publications, but as a guide purely to what is required to get the best out of your cylinder head, whether new or secondhand, this book should be alongside them on your shelves ...'
'In the sixty odd years I have been involved in motor sport this must have been one of the most widely read subjects with lots of books and magazine articles on the subject but I can honestly say this latest offering from the publishing house of Veloce is one of the best.'
Motor Cycling Club (MCC)